1. What is Chlorine dioxide (ClO2)?
Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is a chemical compound consisting of one chlorine atom and two oxygen atoms. It is a reddish to yellowish-green gas at room temperature that dissolves in water. It is used for a variety of antimicrobial uses, including the disinfection of drinking water.
2. Is chlorine dioxide (ClO2) same as Clorox’s chlorine?
No. Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) contains the word chlorine, but it is not chlorine-based, it is oxygen-based sterilization, disinfection, and deodorant.
3. What is the difference between ClO2 & chlorine?
ClO2 (Oxygen-based): Sterilization and Disinfection by oxidizing with oxygen (O2).
Chlorine (Chlorine-based with Clorox, Calcium Hypochlorite and etc.): Sterilization and Disinfection by molecular bonding.
By-products (Chlorine): it produces various carcinogenic (Karsingen) substances, which are harmful to the human body.
4. Dr. K Shield Sterilization, disinfectant and deodorant stick is oxygen based?
Yes, Dr. K Shield (Easy-Stick) is oxygen based, which are harmless to human body and also Dr. K Shield’s rate of vaporizing, 0.03ppm-0.04ppm which is much less volume than WHO’s (World Health Organization’s) guidelines and recommendations.
5. What are the benefits of chlorine dioxide (ClO2)?
- Excellent sterilization power for all bacteria, including bacteria, viruses, fungi and etc.
- It is a safe, environmentally harmless product that is decomposed by light and does not produce by-products that can be harmful to human body.
- It can be used in various ways for sterilization of drinking water, food, and equipment.
- Maintaining the sterilization effect in a wide pH range (pH2~pH10).
- Remove germs that can cause bad odor / pungent smell.
- Remove residual pesticides which included any specified derivatives, such as degradation and conversion products, metabolites, reaction products, and impurities examples residuals from fruits, vegetables, eggs and etc.
6. What is the guidelines and recommendations of PPM by WHO?
Dr. K Shield is definitely safe as the emission of ClO2 is only from 0.03ppm-0.04ppm. This emission is well below the acceptable limit of 0.1ppm – 0.3ppm as recommended by WHO and CDC.
7. What is German BAuA?
German BAuA is “The German Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health”; and BAuA had certified Dr. K Shield as compliant according to their standards (Ref: N-97791)
8. Is it safe for Baby & Children to use?
Yes, Dr. K Shield is using less than 0.05ppm of ClO2, so it is safe to use by anyone (From babies / children / adults and elderly).
9. What is the rate of effectiveness for Dr. K Shield?
Dr. K Shield can be use up to 45days but the recommended effectiveness should be used up to 28 days due to vaporization rate will decrease after 30 days.
10. Does Dr. K Shield has any aroma or Odor?
No, Dr. K Shield has No Odor.
11. How to ensure if Dr. K Shield has been activated?
When you bend the stick, a “cracking” sound should be heard; it is supposed change to “yellowish” color to be successfully activated.
12. Can I wear the Dr. K Shield or put into the bag-pack?
Yes, you may wear Dr. K Shield or put into your bag-pack. It is safe to be use in any places. Only when you use it outdoors’ conditions, the usability periods will be decreased more rapidly.
13. Does it means I will not get infected by any viruses or become sick after using Dr. K Shield?
Dr. K Shield’s strength and effectiveness are in airborne viruses and bacteria in reducing the origins of infections. However, its main usage as your secondary protection gear and you will still be required to “Stay Safe” following all other health S.O.P.